Battalion History
blue box
Known today as United States Naval Mobile Construction Battalions, “The Great 58”
NCB 58 served honorably in World War II and was decommissioned in May 1946. In
late 1965, the call went out again to the fleet and the trades, and the Naval Mobile
Construction Battalion Fifty-Eight was commissioned on 15 March 1966 during the
Vietnam War. The NMCB 58 Seabees provided a full range of support services in a
number of deployments until October 1969, when the Battalion returned to
Davisville, Rhode Island and was decommissioned on 17 November 1969.
58 seabees art
ribbons